The Best Refrigerator Water Filter Replacement in 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
Hey there. I want to share with you the best Samsung, Frigidaire, LG, Pur, Maytag and Kitchenaid refrigerator water filter in 2017, including refrigerator water filter replacement in a moment but before i do that, i just wanted to share a little story with you. I had a weird night yesterday. It was one of those nights where the climate inside my bedroom was hot and humid. I tried sleeping but ended up just rolling from one side of the bed to the other. I tried getting out of my sheets and blankies in a bid to try and see if leaving my body exposed to the air might help.
It worked for a few minutes or so and then I just found myself sleeping in a small pool of sweat. I could not take it anymore. I decided to go and take some cold drink of water in a bid to see if that will assist me. So I rolled out of bed and walked to the refrigerator for a cold, icy drink of water.
I took a glass from the cupboard and headed over to my water dispenser at the fridge. What happened next added insult to injury taking into account what I was going though. The water dispenser was just letting out little tiny drops of water!
“Not Now!!”, I thought to myself. It seems that there was a problem that had just waited for me to have a sleepless night before it made an appearance. So in my frustration, I tried to see whether the problem was the water level. The water was just fine. I couldn’t figure out what the problem was and decided to go have a look at my trusty friend Google.
I “Googled” for possible solutions to my refrigerator problem and found that it was my water filter that was faulty. It took some time for me at first to figure it out because it had not happened to me before. But finally I made it work. Today I want to share with you the same thing i discovered about refrigerator water filters.
If you discover that your refrigerator is producing little to no ice, has weak water delivery from the dispenser, you might need to check your water filter to see if it is alright.
The first thing you need to do is to check the water filter’s position and see if it has been installed properly. For Samsung refrigerators, you can do that by aligning the water filter to match up with the padlock symbol as shown below.
You will also want to check that the water filter is assembled properly or is not damaged. If everything seems ok, then you can try using the water dispenser for 3 seconds to see if it will let any water out. If it is still not functioning, then remove the refrigerator water filter and test to see if the dispenser lets water out. If the dispenser lets water stream out properly this time, then you know that the problem lies with your water filter.
The filter is either jammed or malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. You can either contact the retailer where you purchased your fridge to get them to replace your water filter or you can order one online and replace it yourself at a cheaper cost.
You should always replace your water filter after every six months or when you have used about 300 gallons of water. This will ensure that your refrigerator performs well and does not experience any unnecessary jams along the way.
Step By step Process Of Replacing A Faulty Water Filter
- Ensure that the fridge is off at the socket. This is for your own safety.
- When you get your filter after you order it online, you will get a package similar to the one below. It will contain the water filter, a sticker to go inside the fridge that will enable you to know when to replace it with a new one and a data sheet.
- There are various types of filters available in the market but most of them follow the 6 month rule or the 300 gallon water usage limit. These are the general guidelines that they follow before you need to replace them with a new one.
- There are other refrigerator systems that will have a warning light to indicate when you need to exchange your old filter with a new one. However, it is good to know the framework they use to determine when the expiry date is due. So just put a rag at the bottom of your appliance and turn the filter as indicated by the arrow on your fridge. Most fridges use the anti clockwise motion to unlock it.
- Then just wiggle it and pull it out. The next thing you need to do is just pull out the handle from the old filter and put it on the new one as shown below.
- You are set to go! Just insert the new filter back and screw it clockwise until it locks in. the next thing that you need to do is to take the sticker it came with and mark the day you put it in. Then place the sticker on the inside part of the refrigerator so that you remember when you replaced it and the next time you need to change it.
If you want the , we got it.